The Nutritional Sciences programme of the University of Calabria is characterized by a strong interdisciplinary nature of its educational pathway, which is tailored to train professionally complex figures, such as Nutritionists, who are expected to operate in multiple occupational fields.
The overall learning objective is to train a professional figure as a non- medical nutritionist, with in-depth knowledge in the following fields: the influence of food and nutrients on health at molecular-level; their role in the prevention of diseases with high epidemiological impact (e.g., chronic degenerative diseases); the nutritional value of micro and macro nutrients of Mediterranean Diet food, as a model of health pedagogy, thus allowing the prevention of a wide spectrum of chronic-degenerative pathologies featuring the epidemiology of the Third Millennium.
Employability and careers
- Public and / or private health institutions: in the context of international, national and regional health programmes, participation in projects for the prevention of health conditions and design and management of nutritional assessment and surveillance programmes.
- Food, dietary and pharmaceutical companies: design, development and enhancement of food products with high nutritional impact (functional foods); management of labelling and information relating to nutrition and health claims; development of certification systems.
- Catering and hospital catering companies: implementation of integrated management systems to ensure quality of the services offered.
- Co-management of food control and analysis laboratories, as well as testing of new technologies for new foods.
- Nutrigenomics, nutrients and cellular processes
- Food science and food supplements
- Biochemistry of applied nutrition
- Laboratory of Food Commodities
- Applied human nutrition
- Food toxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 28 other Masters in Food Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master’s Degree in: Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Medicine and / or equivalent.
- Degree in: Nutritional Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies, Biotechnologies, Biological Sciences, Agricultural and Food Sciences and Technologies, Chemical Sciences and Technologies and / or equivalent.
- First page of the passport
- Curriculum vitae
- High School Diploma
- University Transcript of Records
- University Syllabus of all courses
- English language certificate (if you are in possession)
- Other useful documents
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rende
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.