- While the Marine Studies degree at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is primarily based on a project instead of a research-oriented thesis, M.M.S. graduate students still are afforded excellent opportunities for laboratory and field experiences through the Institute of Marine Science. Laboratory facilities are available in Fairbanks, the Seward Marine Center, the Juneau Center and at the Kasitsna Bay Laboratory.
- Students considering an M.M.S. degree should have a strong background in the various fields of oceanography, ecology, biology, molecular biology or biochemistry. Students are admitted on the basis of their ability and the capability of the program to meet their particular interests and needs. Faculty review requests for admission throughout the year. There is no financial support for students in this program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts in Physical Oceanography
- Marine Biology
- Physiology of Marine Organisms
- Physical Oceanography
- Geological Oceanography
- Fisheries Oceanography
- Biological Oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesBiology Marine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 66 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae. Include work and research experience, publications, patents, honors, professional and civic memberships, and foreign travel.
- Submit a statement of academic goals. Write a statement indicating why study is desired in a particular program.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.