The educational objectives of the Donald and Sally Lucas Graduate School of Business MBA are threefold: to provide a solid base of interdisciplinary business theories and techniques; to apply theory and analytic tools to the practical improvement of organizational performance; to explore personal beliefs and values as they affect ethical and economic organizational practices. Key processes involve: investigating opportunities and problems; defining causes or contributing factors to problems, including those that cut across organizational units; generating alternatives from which feasible programs of action are selected and implemented; and monitoring and changing, where necessary, the progress of enacted decisions.
These skills are developed using a combination of approaches including the case method, experiential exercises, computer simulations, team projects, and problem sets. Students are expected to develop competencies both as action-oriented leaders and as logical decision-makers.
Benefits of the MBA
The Business Administration (For Professionals) MBA program offered at San José State University is geared to the professionally-oriented person who aspires to move into middle management or to undertake greater managerial responsibility. It is designed to aid those who have the capabilities or potential to be action initiators rather than those who prefer to develop reports and recommendations for decision-makers. The MBA program accommodates students with a variety of educational and work backgrounds. Business development projects are available to MBA students. The Lucas School has alliances with business incubator partners in Silicon Valley. Students have an opportunity to work with international businesses and entrepreneurial Silicon Valley startups.
- Leadership Communication
- Developing and Managing People
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Law and Ethics
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Supply Chain Management & Logistics Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1552 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree earned from a recognized institution if the degree was earned outside of the U.S.
- A preferred GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Taken an English language proficiency examination if the previously earned degree was from an institution in which the principal language of instruction was not English.
- Taken the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores at the 50th percentile in both the quantitative 4. and verbal sections of either exam are considered competitive.
- Completed two prerequisite courses (Economics and Statistics, with a grade of B or higher).
- A personal statement of one to two pages explaining how an MBA can help to achieve the applicant’s career objectives.
- A resume detailing your professional and academic experiences.
International35700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National35700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.