The Center for Identity joined with the top-ranked University of Texas School of Information to offer this unique interdisciplinary program bringing together law, public policy, communications, technology and the social sciences. The Information Security and Privacy MSc program offered at University of Texas at Austin delivers a 360-degree perspective of information security and privacy not available through other programs in cybersecurity and information assurance.
Career Growth and Development
The field of information security and privacy is among the fastest-growing in today's marketplace. Rapidly transforming information technologies and policy have created a great demand for a workforce prepared to deal with new and rapidly evolving information security and privacy. The MS ISP will prepare its students to bridge that gap with training from multiple specialties and perspectives, while the Center for Identity's projects and partnerships with business and government will allow for hands-on learning for enriched and generous career development opportunities.
- Information Security and Privacy
- Information Security & Privacy in Society
- Public Policy, Information Security, and Privacy
- Business Governance and Controls for Information Security and Privacy
- Strategic Communication for Information Security and Privacy
- Information Risk and Benefit Analysis
- Information Management and Repositories
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences IT Security View 996 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) application for admission and admission fee: The Texas Common Application is available at ApplyTexas.org.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended: Submit electronic copies of your official transcripts according to the GIAC website.
- An official report of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores: (Optional for Fall 2022 applicants.)
- Statement of Purpose: Once your application is submitted, electronically upload a statement of purpose for your desired program of study. (See MSIS Requirements or PhD Requirements.)
- Three letters of recommendation: You will be asked to submit the names and contact information of three recommenders at the time of your online application. After submitting the application, each contact will receive an email with directions for submitting a recommendation letter online.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only).
International14052 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7026 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14052 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7026 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7924 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3962 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.