The Master of Science in Information Science (MSIS) at Pennsylvania State University, offered online through Penn State World Campus, presents a well-rounded and holistic computing and information technology (IT) curriculum. This online master's program can prepare you to face the numerous and varied challenges that IT professionals face every day, including analyzing data, developing state-of-the-art IT applications, and managing IT staff and projects.
The program is designed for mid-level information technology professionals who want to improve their skills, increase their knowledge, and move into a leadership or management position within the IT field. As a student in this program, you can gain a competitive advantage in your field and acquire greater insight into the role of IT by learning to:
- describe, model, and analyze information systems to support an organization's operations
- understand existing and emerging information system theories and principles to improve IT systems
- apply appropriate methodologies to design, develop, and maintain software and information systems
- implement and manage information systems and networks while protecting sensitive information assets
- lead people and projects, communicate effectively, and make informed decisions based on sound legal and ethical principles
This degree can prepare you for any number of professional roles in business, healthcare, finance, nonprofits, military, and government. Many graduates of the information science program hold titles such as:
- IT systems architect
- IT department manager
- technical consultant
- business analyst
- project manager
- computer systems analyst
- Business Process Management and Integration
- Information Science Emerging Topics
- Web Security and Privacy
- Contemporary Information Systems Architecture
- Data Mining
- Enterprise Integration
- Large-Scale Databases & Warehouses
- Analytics Programming in Python
- Data Visualization for Analytics
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Enterprise Analytics Strategies
- Foundations of Predictive Analytics
- Network Management and Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 129 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For admission to the Graduate School, you must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed.
- GPA and Test Scores — All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- GRE or GMAT scores are NOT required for admission but will be considered if provided.
- English Proficiency
- Reference (1)
- Statement of Purpose — Provide a one-page written statement of intent, highlighting academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
International33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.