This one-year, full-time MSc by Research programme in Reproductive Sciences at The University of Edinburgh aims to introduce you to modern, up-to-date molecular and cellular biological research in the field of:
- reproductive sciences
- reproductive health
- reproductive medicine
You will study in a stimulating, challenging and vibrant research atmosphere, at the interface between basic science and clinical patient care.
This programme is the ideal route for those wishing to embark on a PhD, or explore a PhD as a career option, or in a technical laboratory role, in the field of reproductive sciences and health, or spanning the biosciences, clinical and veterinary fields.
The broad range of skills gained is also readily transferable into careers at the clinical-laboratory interface and in the broader biosciences industry opportunities.
This programme does not amount to specific training to become a clinical embryologist.
Research topics and themes
The main components of the programme are two 20-week research projects, performed on a very wide range of research fields within the reproductive sciences.
Topics that can be offered include using a wide range of models and in human, studying a number of important problems associated with human reproductive health and disease in:
- the uterus during the menstrual cycle and throughout pregnancy and labour
- the fetus and neonate
- fetal programming resulting in increased risk of chronic disease in adulthood
The MRC Centre for Reproductive Health has arranged its research under four themes:
- Reproductive resilience, proliferation, differentiation, repair
- Reproductive system cancers: aetiology, pathogenesis and therapy
- Optimising lifelong health through pregnancy and perinatal interventions
- Immune-endocrine interactions in reproductive health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 996 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant biological, medicine or veterinary medicine discipline.
International31100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Home fees have still to be agreed
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.