Program Outcomes (M. Tech. Food Biotechnology)
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Food Biotechnology, including wider and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyse and synthesise existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge.
- Analyse complex technological problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesising information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Think laterally and originally, conceptualise and solve technological problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise (Food Biotechnology).
- Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in Food Biotechnology.
Mission of Department at the Institute of Chemical Technology
- To improve food especially Indian traditional food in terms of nutrition, safety and functionality employing fundamental and applied sciences.
- To produce trained personnel of highest standards for the benefit of the industry and society in the field of Food Engineering & Technology and Food Biotechnology.
- To provide leadership qualities in areas of education, research, innovations and solutions in food and biotech sciences, technology and engineering in order to direct overall activity towards economic growth of India.
- Basic Food Science & Technology
- Fundamentals of Food Biotechnology and Genetics
- Basics of Human Nutrition
- Food Safety & Toxicology
- Food Technology Laboratory
- Project I: Critical review of one research publication
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.E/ B.Tech/B.Sc( Tech) in Food Engineering and Technology /Food Enginnering/Food Technology/Food Science/Food Process Technology/Food Process Engineering/ Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engineering/ Pharmaceutical Technology/ Oil Technology.
International807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
National807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
- 60,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.