This 12-credit Cyber Defense and Information Assurance Certificate, interdisciplinary certificate program from Temple University is designed for current working technical professionals at any level of their career seeking the necessary skills to protect businesses, organizations and governments from ever-increasing cyber threats.
The curriculum focuses on network security and digital forensics and aims to bridge the gap between cybersecurity technology and cybersecurity policies. You’ll develop expertise across different academic disciplines, including business, computer and information sciences, electrical and computer engineering, and law. Construct and maintain cybersecurity frameworks focused on preventive, detective and corrective security mechanisms.
Graduates of the program can
- apply security forensics principles and practices to applications and networks;
- comply with industry standards;
- document findings and make recommendations on applications and systems security; and
- identify network and application vulnerabilities.
In addition to the substantial use of technology in the program, you’ll also study compliance, ethics, policy and regulation for a comprehensive understanding of this rapidly growing field.
In our digital world, the number of cyber threats on our computer systems and information privacy increases. Through the Cyber Defense and Information Assurance Graduate Certificate program, you’ll prepare to design and maintain systems that safeguard against accidental or malicious modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Comp-Based Appl Prog
- Database Design & Programming
- Networking & Operating Systems
- Programming and Data Structure
- System Software and Operating Systems
- Discrete Structure of Computer Science
- Scripting for Sciences and Business
- Data Structures and Objects
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Cyber Security View 623 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Goals Statement: your statement should be 500 to 1,000 words in length. Include your specific interest in Temple’s program as well as your research and future career goals, and your previous academic and research achievements.
International18804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.