The course is academically rigorous, but deeply rooted in the real environment of the modern construction industry.
- The Civil Engineering and Management course from University of Sheffield develops your communication and negotiation skills, and explores management and business practices in the context of designing and maintaining infrastructure.
- You’ll learn to address the challenges facing modern construction practices, and investigate the methods that engineers employ to make the built environment more resilient and sustainable. You’ll also develop an awareness of the social, commercial and ethical context of your profession.
The programmes are accredited by ICE, IStructE, CIHT and IHE as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer under the provisions of UK-SPEC for intakes 2020 – 2022 only for candidates that have already acquired a CEng partial accredited BEng(Hons) undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Professional Skills
- Structural Health Monitoring and Asset Management
- Engineering within Planetary Capacity
- Management of Construction - Enabling Skills
- Application of Management in Construction
- Geotechnical Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 291 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree (BEng, MEng, BSc) in Civil & Structural Engineering or other appropriate engineering or science subject.
- We’ll consider your application if you have appropriate professional qualifications and work experience, but you’ll need a strong background in the areas covered on the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.