Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The University of Sheffield offers Sanctuary Scholarships for those who have sought refuge in the UK - for example, students who have been displaced or affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, a conflict in their home country or have another reason for their forced migration to the UK.
The 10 fully-funded Sanctuary Scholarships cover the cost of tuition and provide a £9,840 award to support living costs for each year of study.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- Have been granted humanitarian protection or limited leave to remain in the UK, be a dependant or partner of someone with humanitarian protection or limited leave to remain, or you or your parent/guardian or partner are an asylum seeker and have submitted a claim within the UK for refugee status and have not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application.
- Have applied for asylum on arrival in the UK, and before you have applied for a place at university.
- Currently attend a school, college or community/voluntary group that will provide a reference in support of your application.
- Hold an offer from the University of Sheffield to study an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course starting in September.
- Be studying at degree level in the UK for the first time (applicable to undergraduate students only)
Study experience required
Complete the application form.
Provide a supporting statement from your referee from the school, college or community/volunteering group you currently attend.
Send all the documentation you have received from the Home Office in relation to your asylum claim and your referee’s statement.
A panel of senior University staff will assess all eligible applications.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by Bank of Lake Mills or MPOWER Financing, PBC. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in MPOWER Financing. Neither MPOWER Financing nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by MPOWER Financing or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. 2022 © MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
© Prodigy Finance Limited 2007 - 2022. All Rights Reserved. Prodigy Finance Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers and these loans are governed by English law.