In this Analogue and Digital Integrated Circuit Design course from Imperial College London you will gain experience in both the practical issues of device-level design and system-level performance requirements.
A key feature is the balanced approach to both analogue and digital IC design, and the in-depth treatment of low power circuits and embedded systems.
The course will cover issues that are related to digital system design using modern programming languages, to embedded systems and their OS, to the design of high performance systems based on GPUs and FPGAs, to the design of low power and high performance analogue circuits, as well as issues related to communication of systems (optical and RF) and to MEMS and nanotechnology.
You study taught modules, both core and optional, in the Autumn term (October–December). Modules are taught through a blend of lectures, tutorials and practical laboratories. You will then take written exams on the studied modules between May and June.
You also complete a substantial individual research project, which will be carried out in an area of special interest.
Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Digital System Design
- Analogue Integrated Circuits And Systems
- Analogue Signal Processing
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Advanced Electronic Devices
- Digital Signal Processing And Digital Filters
- High Performance Analogue Electronics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesDesign Computer Sciences View 588 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- The minimum requirement is a first-class degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or a related subject with a substantial electrical/electronic engineering component
- The overall degree grade must be at least 75% overall
International32500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.