It aims at providing better understanding and skills in analysing learning and educational phenomena in different societies and cultures, and at providing a holistic perspective on learning, teaching and education.
- The Master Degree Programme in International and Comparative Education at Stockholm University adopts a broad approach in addressing urgent needs and challenges facing education, globally.
- It focuses on the following research and training areas: International and Comparative Perspectives, Theory of Science, Educational Planning, Education and Development, Globalisation and Education and Educational Research Methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International and Comparative Education
- Education Planning
- Introduction to Educational Research Methods
- Globalisation and Education
- Education and Development
- Specialised Literature
- In-depth Studies in Research Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation International Development View 18 other Masters in International Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree within the Social Sciences or the Humanities or a Teacher certificate corresponding to at least 180 higher education credits.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English 6 or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.