Industrial Design at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela involves the design and development of industrially produced items. Industrial designers use drawings, models, and computer programmes to design products and processes.
- Industrial design products include items such as mobile phones, automobiles, household appliances, electronic equipment, furniture, jewelry etc. and products which will be made as one-offs, such as craft products, trophies, or models and full-scale mock-ups.
- The industrial designers also use their skills to invent completely new products, to do computer modelling and animation, and to propose new ways of doing everyday things.
- In addition to aesthetic concerns, social references, global interactions and the expectations of the users are taken into consideration.
- Research areas in the Department are directed towards the creation and development of concepts, designs, and specifications that optimize the value, function, convenience, safety, utility, and appearance of manufactured products and systems.
- Graduates of this program can work in many sectors of mass production, such as consumer items, electronics, furniture, packaging, automotive industry and jewelry.
- The electronics industry is one of the main fields which make use of the industrial design services to a large extent. Designers can also give freelance support to various other sectors.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design View 11 other Masters in Industrial Design in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- NITR Selection Procedure
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.