This distance learning programme builds on the strength and success of the campus-based MSc Mathematical Finance. You'll develop your skills and competence in mathematical and quantitative finance in a flexible learning environment, suitable for a diverse range of students from across the world.
Our team of dedicated academic staff are leaders in their field, and you'll work closely with them through regular one-to-one online tutorials and supervisory sessions.
Careers and skills
Upon successful completion of this Mathematical Finance (Online) at the University of York , you can embark on careers in trading and pricing derivative financial securities (options, futures, forwards, and the like), fund management, risk management, research and development, or pursue further study to PhD level.
Our graduates go on to work in:
- investment banks
- hedge funds
- insurance companies
- stock brokerage
- unit trusts
- pension funds
- corporate finance departments
- other financial institutions worldwide
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods of Finance
- Discrete Time Modelling and Derivative Securities
- Portfolio Theory and Risk Management
- Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
- Numerical and Computing Techniques in Finance
- Modelling of Bonds, Term Structure and Interest Rate Diversities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 10 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent in Mathematics or a related subject including certain science degrees.In certain cases we may also consider a 2:2, which would usually come with the condition that you complete the online pre-sessional course in Mathematics for Quantitative Finance with a final grade of at least 60%. If your undergraduate degree is in business, finance or economics with sufficiently strong mathematics background (equivalent to at least two years of university level mathematics courses), then we encourage you to apply also. We welcome students with recent degrees as well as those with work experience in related disciplines and professions.
- You should indicate whether you want to undertake the 'Fast' stream (18 months) or the 'Standard' stream (36 months). However, to allow maximum flexibility, it is possible to transfer between the streams at the end of each stage.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6330 GBP per year during 18 months.
National6330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6330 GBP per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.