Through the Epidemiology program of the University at Buffalo, you will learn and practice foundational public health knowledge and competencies, as well as epidemiological, statistical, research and survey methods to help discover the determinants—including biological, behavioral, social and organizational—of diseases and injuries.
As an epidemiologist, you will play a fundamental role in preventive medicine and public health. You will apply your understanding of diseases and injuries to inform both interventions and to promote healthy communities.
You will be prepared to work in a variety of fields, including:
- Local, state, national or international health agencies
- Health care delivery systems such as hospitals and managed care organizations
- Private research firms
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Statistical Analysis
- Health Care Organization
- Application to Biostatistics to Epidemiology
- Advanced Methodology
- Environmental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEpidemiology View 99 other Masters in Epidemiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- Personal Statement
- Contact information for three references
- The following are highly recommended: one general biology course, one health-related science course (e.g., nutrition, anatomy, microbiology or physiology), two courses in behavioral sciences, including a course in sociology or social psychology, and a course in subjects such as sociology, anthropology, psychology, political science or economics, Statistics or other quantitative coursework
- English proficiency
- Submit the biographical page of your passport
- Complete the International Applicant Financial Form, and provide an original official bank statement as documentation to meet UB requirements
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.