By Research from Aberystwyth University is designed for students who wish to pursue research in a particular area of legal interest under the expert guidance of a member of the Department's staff.
Students at By Research from Aberystwyth University will:
- gain in-depth analysis in the same way as a PhD.
- complete a piece of research and obtain a qualification for it in a relatively short period of time.
- respond effectively to the needs and expectations of our student body.
- Grants Development Workshops
- Leadership for Researchers
- Manuscript Skills: Post Medieval Palaeographic and Diplomatic
- Principles of Research Design
- Public Engagement and Impact
- Reading and Writing Development Group
- Research in Law and Criminology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Applicants for Research Degrees should generally apply before the end of February to be considered for a funded place.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 356 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- Entry Requirements 2:2 Bachelors (Honours) or equivalent in a law or related social science degree
- English Language Requirements IELTS 7.0 with minimum 6.0 in each component, or equivalent
- Other Requirements Applicants are encouraged to submit an up-to-date CV as part of their application.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.