At Youth Justice from Aberystwyth University students will be supported throughout to become independent researchers and writers in the realm of youth justice, through a series of lecture-seminar combined sessions, at which students will also be expected to lead discussions. Writing skills are a particular focus, with assignments structured as journal articles, and feedback given mirroring peer reviews, to prepare students for academic publication with advice and guidance from published academics.
Graduates from this Youth Justice MSc programme from Aberystwyth University will leave with the professional knowledge and capacity to independently practice, reflect, review and build upon disciplinary expertise and judgement. The schemes’ teaching, learning and assessment requires students to develop ethical practice, critical analytical skills, research skills and presentation skills which will enable them to share their criminological expertise in both academic and professional settings.
Graduate career opportunities include (but not restricted to):
- government departments and criminal justice agencies
- voluntary organisations / non-governmental organisations in the crime and justice field
- international organisations, such as the UN
- research and academia
- Critical Youth Justice
- International Comparative Youth Justice
- Principles of Research Design
- Qualitative Data Collection and Analysis
- Quantitative Data Collection and Analysis
- Criminological Theory and Perspectives
- International Criminal Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise students to apply as early as possible before the start of their degree.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 475 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
- Entry Requirements 2:2 Bachelors (Honours) degree in criminology or a related subject area, or equivalent. Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience.
- English Language Requirements IELTS 6.5 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent
- Other Requirements Applicants are encouraged to submit an up-to-date CV as part of their application.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.