This interdisciplinary Public Administration - International Development (Online) programme from University of York equips professionals with the knowledge and skills to analyse, influence and implement development policies and programmes. Drawing from approaches used in different countries, you will learn how to analyse and influence multi-stakeholder policy processes; and lead development projects, programmes and organisation.
Designed for development practitioners in governmental, non-governmental and international organisations this online course prepares you to meet the challenges of development in complex and demanding contexts. Throughout your time studying with us, you'll benefit from our strong and comprehensive support.
The design of the course and the support provided mean that you will be able to balance the requirements of your studies with your work and other responsibilities.
Careers and skills
This course is ideal if you have some experience of working in international development and seek professional development to work towards your career goals. It's also ideal if you're working in the social or public sector and would like to work in international development. A key strength of the course lies in allowing you to develop your skills while continuing to gain experience in a relevant professional field.
Our current students and alumni work in roles in:
- Local and national governments and their departments
- International organisations and donor agencies
- Other publicly funded organisations in areas such as education and healthcare
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and charities.
Many of our alumni have progressed in their careers either during or after their studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and Political Issues in Development
- Governance and Public Administration
- Policy Analysis and Process
- Reflective Practice for Professional Development
- Digital Capabilities for Global Citizenship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Administration International Development View 9 other Masters in Public Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You can apply and send all your documentation electronically through our online system. You don’t need to complete your application all at once: you can start it, save it and finish it later.
International6380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6380 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6380 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.