The Erasmus Mundus in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP) at the University of Barcelona is part of a two-year programme along with 3 other partners. Mundus MAPP equips graduates with the conceptual knowledge and hard skills that are necessary for understanding and decisively intervening in contemporary transnational policy problems, from climate change to international terrorism or financial regulatory failure.
The consortium consists of four partners:
- Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (Spain)
- Central European University (Budapest, Hungary)
- Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (The Hague, Netherlands)
- University of York (UK)
The first year is spent either at Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam or at the Central European University in Budapest. The second year either at the University of York or the Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Relations Theory
- Public Management
- East Asian Studies
- Nationalism and Ethnic Conflicts
- Intelligence Studies
- Globalization and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Application deadline for applicants who do not wish to be considered for financial aid, EU/EEA residents. - July 1, 2021
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 23 other Masters in Political Science in Spain
Bachelors degree comprising at least three years of studies at a recognized university or institute of higher education. Candidates with a Bachelors degree in Natural Sciences or Engineering are not eligible to apply.
For IBEI tracks (CEU-IBEI, ISS-IBEI), according to the regulations of the Spanish Ministry of Education, applicants need to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree from a fully accredited institution of higher education (within or outside the European Higher Education Area)
- TOEFL (Paper version; taken within two years of the application deadline) 580 or above;
- TOEFL (Internet version; taken within two years of the application deadline) 92 or above;
- IELTS – Academic (taken within two years of the application deadline) 6.5 or above;
- Although Spanish is no longer a requirement for mobility tracks involving IBEI, basic knowledge of Spanish is recommended as some electives will only be available in Spanish.
International11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR per year during 24 months.
The tuition fee for Mundus MAPP is € 11,000 per academic year (€ 22,000 for the whole program). Enrolling students will be required to pay their tuition fees according to the schedule on the Mundus MAPP website.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.