- The MSW Online Master of Social Work from Ohio University is intended for those looking to refocus or pivot their careers, this 62-credit track is open to all eligible students with a recent bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and can be completed in as few as 10 semesters.
- Our program uses a strengths-based problem-solving model that incorporates an awareness of the impact of social work values and ethics. This unique focus and instructional design will help you learn to:
- Facilitate outreach to those facing accessibility needs and other adverse circumstances
- Support individuals, families, and communities in overcoming adversity
- Diagnose, assess, and offer treatment for mental illnesses and addictions
- Understand how populations are affected by social needs and policy
- Prepare to obtain state licensure as a social worker
Upon graduation, you will have the skills to offer support and guidance to help individuals cope with and overcome life’s biggest challenges, particularly for individuals from rural and marginalized communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Welfare Policy & Services
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Social Work Practice with Groups & Communities
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment 2: Social Work Theory and Applications
- Direct with Practice Children, Adolescents & Groups
- Direct with Practice Adults, Families & Communities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Management View 87 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited institution, completed within the last 5 years**
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Petition for exceptional consideration/below 3.0 Form
- B or above in all required social work classes
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Online application with $50 application fee
- MSW application requirement checklist
- Professional resume
- Three letters of reference
- Application essay
- Professional expectations of student behavior form
- Most current field evaluation
- One reference from field instructor
- No GRE or GMAT scores required
International12114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 673 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 673 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.