- The M.S.N. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from Ohio University's students will learn best practices in mental healthcare and develop skills in mental health assessment, diagnostic reasoning, psychopharmacology and advanced therapeutic modalities such as individual, group and family psychotherapy. Students will have the opportunity for supervised clinical experiences in a variety of primarily community-based agencies and programs.
Opportunities for Graduates
- Graduates work in outpatient mental health clinics, psychiatric emergency services, private practice, and hospitals. They also provide primary mental health care that involves continuous and comprehensive services necessary to improve mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders and health maintenance. The PMHNP diagnoses, conducts therapy, and prescribes medications for patients who have mental health disorders. They may also serve as consultants or as educators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Assessment & Management of Mental Health Disorders for Advanced Nursing Practice I
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practicum for Advanced Nursing Practice I (100 Clinical Hours)
- Assessment & Management of Mental Health Disorders for Advanced Nursing Practice II
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practicum for Advanced Nursing Practice II (200 Clinical Hours)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practicum for Advanced Nursing Practice III (200 Clinical Hours)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Clinical Psychology View 303 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Specified health status requirements (immunization status, TB screening, etc. as delineated in the current MSN Student Handbook)
- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from regionally accredited institution.
- FBI/BCI background checks free from disqualifying offenses under Senate Bills 38 and 160 (A list of these offenses may be found in the current MSN Student Handbook).
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 for unconditional admission
- Statement of professional goals
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s ability to complete graduate-level coursework and practice abilities.
International593 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 593 USD per year during 36 months.
National593 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 593 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State574 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.