There are five core modules and two options, which are expected to run at the following times. You will find further information about modules in the course structure section (see above menu).
- Fundamentals of corpus linguistics (October-December year 1)
- Corpus design and data collection (January - March year 1)
- Statistics and data visualization (April - June year 1)
- Corpus based grammar and vocabulary of English (October - December year 2)
- Dissertation (April - August/September year 2)
- Using corpora in Language teaching (January - March year 2)
- Corpus-based discourse studies (January - March year 2)
During your studies, you will learn from experts in the field will have access to a wealth of corpus resources. The programme will help your professional growth in variety of fields where analytical skills are required. Typical graduate careers include data analysts, market analysts, educators, journalists, teachers, communications consultants, sales representatives, local government officials etc. The programme will also prepare you for research at the PhD level in corpus linguistics and related subject areas if they choose to continue with your studies.
By the end of Lancaster University's Corpus Linguistics (Distance) programme, you will have had the opportunity to master research techniques as well as general academic skills of structuring and writing research reports and carrying out extensive independent research. This will enhance your chances of success in the competitive job market.
- Corpus based grammar and vocabulary
- Corpus design and data collection
- Fundamentals of corpus linguistics
- Statistics and data visualization
- Corpus based discourse analysis
- Using corpora in Language teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesStatistics Linguistics View 22 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in any subject. Qualifications and/or experience recognised by the University to be of an equivalent standard will also be considered.
- We may ask you to provide a recognised English language qualification, dependent upon your nationality and where you have studied previously.
International8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5160 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.