The Nursing MSc course at the American Public University is for registered nurses who have earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing and have a current, active, and unencumbered license. This program helps you cultivate and lead collaborative healthcare teams through coursework on population-based healthcare, research and evidence-based practice, health policy, and grant writing. You will choose from two concentrations: Nurse Educator or Nurse Leader.The mission of the program is to provide quality, affordable, and accessible higher education to professional registered nurses by fostering lifelong learning through a spirit of inquiry in order to prepare students for service and leadership roles in a diverse and global society.
Your program concludes with a 16-week practicum in your community focusing on your professional interest area.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Nurse Educator Track
- Nurse Leader Track
What You Will Do
- Apply ethical principles to advanced professional nursing practice
- Demonstrate leadership skills that support safe nursing practices and patient-centered care
- Advocate for healthcare policy improvement
- Apply your knowledge and evidence-based practice to deliver high-quality, safe care to diverse populations in a variety of settings
- Apply data management principles to provide cost-effective care and improve health outcomes
- This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Population-Based Healthcare
- Informatics and Technology
- Healthcare Systems and Health Policy
- Leadership for the Master's Prepared Nurse
- Healthcare Finance
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Health Informatics View 260 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, the following documentation must be provided
- Official transcripts showing a conferred Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Current and active unencumbered registered nurse (RN) in state where practicums will be conducted
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the baccalaureate nursing degree
- Successful completion of an undergraduate level statistics course with a “C” or higher
- Current resume/CV
- Signed statement of understanding
- 500-600 word statement of purpose and goals for graduate education
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.