The Healthcare Information Management MSc course from the American Public University examines healthcare data analytics and informatics and allows you to build your leadership, critical thinking, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
You will expand your understanding of health data management, clinical and administrative decision-making, strategic planning, IT deployment, and outcomes management. This HIM master’s degree also probes systems planning as well as safety and quality issues related to e-health and electronic medical records.
The curriculum’s components are based on current standards set forth by nationally recognized HIM professional organizations.
What You Will Do
- Interpret government regulations for managing patient data, quality data reporting, and ethical use of protected health information
- Assess change management strategies for organizational leadership in health IT systems
- Interpret clinical terminologies, standards, and classification systems for data management, reimbursement methods, and compliance strategies
- Examine data to assess performance, reporting, and evidence-based protocols
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Management Perspective
- Technology Applications in Health Information Management
- Financial Management for Health Professionals
- Healthcare Data Analytics with Lab
- Management Information Systems
- Information Security Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Health Informatics View 340 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).The following is required for admission into this program. All documentation must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official transcript showing a conferred bachelor’s degree in business, management, or any health-related fields, or any degree with a minimum of two years of work experience in any health-related, business, information systems, or management occupation.
- Statement of purpose and interest
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.