You will learn how to perform food science research, design food products and improve food production processes. Since the programme includes input from different disciplines: food chemistry, food physics, food microbiology, food process engineering and food quality & design, you will be able to work in different branches of the food industry.
Programme online master's Food Technology
The Food Technology (online) programme of the Wageningen University and Research is designed as a part-time study, which gives you the flexibility to combine study and your professional career. In the first two years, you will follow a series of courses with a study load of ±20 hours per week. The programme includes two short stays of 2 weeks in Wageningen, in order to take part in the necessary lab-practicals. The course work is followed by a tailor-made internship and master's thesis. Depending on the effort and time you invest, the programme will take 3- 4 years to complete. After successful completion, you will obtain a fully recognised Master of Science degree from Wageningen University.
Graduates of the master's Food Technology have excellent career opportunities in the food industry, the government, consultancies, universities or research institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Every specialisation has three types of courses:
- compulsory courses (CS)
- courses that are restricted optionals (RO1 or RO2, which means choosing one or more courses from a specified list)
- and courses that can be chosen as optionals (O)
The second year is divided into:
- thesis (36 ECTS)
- an internship (24 ECTS).
The topics of the thesis and internship should be within the scope of the specialisation.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Health Sciences Food Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students holding a BSc degree or equivalent in one of the following fields are eligible for the MSc programme Food Technology: Food Technology or related, Food Science or related, General agriculture/Agronomy with specialisation Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Post -Harvest Technology (when focused on food science), Nutrition, Chemical Engineering, Laboratory Sciences, Biotechnology
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for this BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade
- Proficiency in English
- Good computer skills
- Access to broadband internet
- Commitment to engage in a virtual learning community
International10285 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10285 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.