Faculty and students in MIT’s Nuclear Science and Engineering department (NSE) advance the frontiers of nuclear science and engineering and develop applications of nuclear technology for the benefit of society and the environment.
The Nuclear Science and Engineering program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is organized into six research areas that students can pursue:
- Nuclear Security
- Radiation Sources, Detection & Measurement
- Modeling & Simulation
- Materials in Extreme Environments
LGO students completing the MS in Nuclear Science and Engineering are expected to take:
The required courses in the LGO Summer Core
Two modules in NSE
Two specialization courses in NSE
Recommended Fields of Specializations:
- Nuclear Reactor Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Physics
- Nuclear Materials
- Nuclear Science and Technology
- Nuclear Security and Policy
One additional engineering course as approved by department
An LGO internship incorporating Nuclear Science and Engineering with management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Master in Business Administration (MBA) General Engineering & Technology View 1787 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A previous STEM degree with a strong academic record
- Strong analytical skills and a significant amount of physics coursework
- A background in nuclear science is not needed to apply. Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Mathematics are common undergraduate majors for applicants.
International53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 12 months.
National53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.