The Master of Public Service (MPS) program from University of Waterloo hosted the second annual Policy Datafest last week with more than 70 graduate students digging into public datasets to extract meaningful narratives and recommend policies for positive change.
- While much of the world is talking big data, the story in Canada seems to be our shortage of it.
- Recent media reports about our country’s data deficit may be true to an extent, says Anindya Sen, professor of Economics, but there are actually good datasets available through open government portals.
- The challenge is fully utilizing them to make informed policy decisions that improve people’s lives.
- As you get closer to the start of your first term, you will receive communications about the orientation and transition programming designed to support you as you enter your new graduate studies program.
- Select your admit term below for specific details regarding orientation and transition programming that will be made available to you.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 151 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of an Honours Bachelor’s degree (or graduate degree), or equivalent from any discipline, with an average of at least 75% in the final two years of the degree.
- Note: most applicants should select "Master of Public Service, Co-operative Program" during the application process. Only applicants who demonstrate evidence of at least one year of full-time public service experience will be considered for the Master of Public Service regular (non-co-operative) program.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International15392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7696 AUD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.