The Data Science for Society and Business program at Jacobs University Bremen also addresses students from health, environmental science orhumanities aiming to expand into big data management. The truly multidisciplinary program combines a broad course offering from multiple social and non-social science disciplines with 4 elective tracks:
- Society Track
- Business Track
- Health & Environmental Track
- Data Science Track.
The program enables students to improve and complement prior knowledge primarily from the social sciences (e.g. business, economics, demography, media studies, political science, sociology, psychology) but also from humanities, as well as cognitive or natural science.Students of the DSSB program thereby benefit from a broad course offering in various social sciences and the close cooperation with the non-social science departments such as computer sciences, environmental or the life sciences.
- Unique interdisciplinary modular program with elective tracks for individual diversity and specialization which integrates individual backgrounds, considers potential gaps and promotes personal career goals
- A demanding academic program with access to innovative research, a close community between teachers and students, shared learning experience and innovative learning environments
- Maximum focus on employability and preparation for the demands of global career perspectives in all areas of data-driven professional and academic fields
- Benefit from Jacobs University’s direct access to the leading digital and tech companies, consulting firms, NGOs and top research institutes as well as a large global Alumni network
- Opportunity to proceed to one of the university’s PhD programs
Best career options: MSc DSSB graduates will be able to choose from manifold international career options and face a huge and growing demand for their expertise.High employability: The master program prepares students for immediate employability in challenging professional and academic positions. From early on in the program, Jacobs University supports the employability of DSSB graduates by organizing contacts with industry, public institutions, NGOs and research institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Society Track adds computational social science approaches and pressing questions on cybercriminology or smart city and transport concepts
- The Business Track covers principles of consulting, sustainable economics, supply chain finance as well as disruptive production and logistics models
- The Health & Environmental Track connects socially relevant data science questions with insights and techniques from the natural sciences (health, medical, environmental sciences)
- The Data Science Track allows students with a strong mathematical or computing background to dive deep into data mining, data analytics and machine learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sociology Data Science & Big Data View 84 other Masters in Business Administration in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of motivation
- Please limit your letter of motivation to 1 page and follow the guidelines of a formal
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Bachelor transcript of records in English or German
- Bachelor degree certificate in English or German
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All applicants are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships of up to € 12,000per year. Depending on availability, additional scholarships sponsored by external partnersare offered to highly gifted students. Moreover, each admitted candidate may request anindividual financial package offer with attractive funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.