The Data Science for Society and Business program at Jacobs University Bremen may also be interesting for students who are interested in health and environmental sciences aiming to expand into big data analytics, data-driven and computational social science, based on their strong quantitative background.
During two exciting years, graduates gain cutting edge competences, tools and methods to discuss, model, predict and solve the pressing challenges of digital societies, modern organizations and competitive businesses.
The truly multidisciplinary program combines a broad course offering from multiple social and data science disciplines with 4 elective tracks to allow for individual diversity and further specialization, as exemplified below. With a focus on high employability, DSSB graduates are best prepared for quickly growing, global professional and academic career options resulting from digitization.
- Best career options: MSc DSSB graduates will be able to choose from manifold international career options and face a huge and growing demand for their expertise.
- High employability: The master program prepares students for immediate employability in challenging professional and academic positions. From early on in the program, Jacobs University supports the employability of DSSB graduates by organizing contacts with industry, public institutions, NGOs and research institutes.
- Access to top employers and organizations: DSSB graduates thereby benefit from a large Jacobs University Alumni network and the university’s close access to the big tech and consulting firms, top research institutes a well as worldwide NGOs. Graduates may also continue their academic path by entering one of our PhD programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Digital Public Spheres
- Digital Societies and Future Economies
- Artificial Intelligence in Business and Society
- Digital Business Models and Funcions
- Data Science Concepts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sociology Data Science & Big Data View 37 other Masters in Sociology in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter Of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae Cv
- Two Letters Of Recommendation
- Bachelor Transcript In English Or German
- Bachelor Degree Certificate In English Or German
- English Language Proficiency Test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Education is a substantial investment in your future, at Jacobs we strive to make it an affordable reality for students from across the world. Therefore, we offer students personalized financing offers to help cover their tuition fees. They consist of one or more types of financial support in the form of scholarships and tuition deferrals. You only start repaying the deferred tuition fees once you successfully entered the job market. That way you can focus completely on your studies. We are convinced that a Jacobs’ education will form the perfect foundation for your future career – that is why we are happy to invest in you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.