This master Fundamentals of remote sensing proposed in partnership with Sorbonne Université and several Grandes Ecoles of the Paris region in the second year, trains physicists specialized in remote sensing. It covers the entire data production chain (orbitography, wave propagation, radiative transfer, data and image processing, physical modelling and applications). It allows students to do a PhD thesis in Geophysics, Environmental Science or Applied Science. It also gives them the opportunity to work directly in technology companies in the space and telecommunication sector.
The 1st year in the Earth and Planet Sciences, Environment - Fundamentals of Remote Sensing programme at Université de Paris is a common path with the 1st year of Master in Geophysics. The 2nd year allows student to further focus on the fundamentals of remote sensing and is organized jointly with the training MOCES (Meteorology, Oceanography, Climate, Engineering for Space Observation) of Sorbonne University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electromagnetism, radiometry, radiative transfer, orbitography
- Data and image processing, numerical modelling
- Applications of remote sensing (geophysics, natural hazards, terrestrial ecosystems, natural resources, exploration of the solar system, etc.)
- Space law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in geosciences, physics, mathematics. Students can apply directly for the 2nd year provided that they graduated from a 1st year of Master in geosciences, physics, mathematics or 2nd year of engineering school.
- Good level in English, minimum B2, ideally C1.
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
243 € + 91 € CVEC
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.