Studied on campus or 100% online, this Emergency Management and Resilience programme at Coventry University is designed to enable you to develop the necessary knowledge and practical skills needed to identify, critically analyse, assess and successfully manage a range of emergencies; operating confidently in policy development, strategy implementation, and response and recovery planning and management.In a world where simultaneous and dynamic emergencies are the new normal, individuals and organisations face ever more challenging situations. Standards in the sector are high but they need to be higher; employers are now demanding that emergency management practitioners are trained, qualified and accountable.
The need to enhance resilience to emergencies, together with organisational duties arising from the Civil Contingencies Act continues to create a demand for qualified emergency planning and management professionals.
Our graduates have gone on to work in a range of organisations with emergency response duties, including local government, the uniformed services, health and other public sector agencies, as well as private sector companies.
The course aims to support the development of your skills in problem-solving, teamwork and leadership, project management and communication, all of which are qualities employers demand.
We strive to produce graduates who can make difficult decisions whilst being culturally sensitive, ethical and compassionate, the capabilities required by international relief and development organisations, private sector consultancies, national government, local authorities and United Nations agencies operating around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency Planning & Preparedness
- Integrated Emergency Management: Policy and Issues
- Community Preparedness, Recovery and Resilience
- Risk, Incident & Leadership
- Training and Exercise Design & Delivery
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Emergency & Disaster Management View 43 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enter this course you should have a first or second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or with a qualification in other subject areas will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or with a qualification in other subject areas will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- Applicants without a first degree, but who have considerable relevant work experience and/or a relevant professional development qualification, will also be considered for admission to the Programme, on merit. Such applicants will be interviewed and may be required to provide supportive evidence of their career to date.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.