Design for Food at POLI.design - Milan (Italy) provides a wide-ranging designing capacity on process and tools for the design of the food product-service system and a series of specific thematic in-depth useful for the understanding of culture, sociological and anthropological factors and also scientific and technological. As a whole, it provides an explanatory and comprehensive overview of food systems, from agricultural production to food processing, from distribution to consumption, from planning to recycling in a circular economy perspective.
The Specializing Master trains design and consulting profiles who are able to integrate creative and operational skills, through the development of hard and soft skills, which train participants to work in multidisciplinary teams, in competitive and highly strategic contexts, in quick and dynamic private and public organizations.
The opportunities for graduates to enter the job market are many and can be articulated according to different fields and roles that correspond to the different areas in which the food sector is expressed “from field to table”.
For example we can list:
- experts in research and innovation in agricultural companies food processing and service production;
- consultants, professionals and experts in strategic and sustainable innovation in the food and distribution sector _ consultants and operators who are experts in food policies and strategies within public, private and third sector organisations or research centres;
- independent entrepreneurs able to create start-ups;
- operators and curators who design and implement events and initiatives for territorial, entrepreneurial, cultural and social promotion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Participants will be able to:
- understand the socio-economic and environmental transformations of the sector
- outline innovative models and strategic orientations for the specific sector
- design for sustainability;
- understand and design the territorial impacts of food supply chains;
- use theoretical and critical skills to define design opportunities;
- understand and use the potential of the sector’s technologies, as well as the main elements of the production processes of the different supply chains;
- design complex solutions and their articulation in terms of product, service, communication and space;
- manage the main elements of food safety and planning;
- manage all phases of the process of conception, design, development and implementation of an innovative solution in an advanced perspective that includes participatory approaches;
- use specific design tools for design.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Italian/foreign citizens with a qualification obtained in Italy by September 27th
- Non-EU citizens with qualifications obtained abroad by August 27th
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 50 other Masters in Design in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Specializing Master welcomes candidates with a Degree or Specialist/Master's Degree in Design, Engineering, Architecture, Economics and/or Management, Social Sciences/Humanistic Sciences, Gastronomic Sciences, Agriculture, Food Technology, or to people with other types of degrees who have also gained significant professional and work experience and who wish to strengthen their professional path in the field of food innovation, acquiring and developing specific and qualified competences.
- The selection will be made on the basis of the documentation sent, followed by a possible interview in English language (remotely). The selections will be made in chronological order with respect to the date of receipt of the application, until all available places are filled.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.