Learn how to demystify both common and unique learning issues, and work to create and implement individualized treatment plans to meet the client's needs.
Educational Therapists are in high-demand. As legislation, services and resources for public school special education programs decrease and class sizes continue to increase, this trend is expected to continue.
The Educational Therapy program at the University of California, Riverside is designed to combine theory with practice by developing your knowledge through coursework, while also providing the opportunity to work under supervision with an assigned client. Working with experienced professionals, you are certain to receive high quality learning.
What You'll Learn
- Methods of identifying typical and atypical learning patterns and issues.
- Creating and implementing individualized treatment plans to meet each client's needs.
- Methods for performing formal and informal personalized education-based assessments.
- Incorporating information from other professionals, educators and family members into a comprehensive educational therapy plan.
- Strategies for addressing social and emotional aspects of learning difficulties.
- Methods for forming mutually supportive relationships with clients, families, schools and other involved professionals.
- Understanding Learning Differences
- Psychology of Human Learning
- Educational Therapy
- Techniques of Educational Therapy, Part I: Academic and Content Areas
- Advanced Educational Assessment
- Management of Clinical Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Psychology School Counselling View 280 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in university-level coursework
- Related coursework or credential in special education, learning disabilities, speech/language development, psychology, educational psychology or related field
- Two years of K-12 classroom teaching or related experience
- Applicants who are not credentialed teachers or who have not taken a general reading course, must complete EDUC X450.17 - Methods for Teaching Reading (4 units) before enrolling in any Level II course.
International4200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National4200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.