Although there is a strong theoretical core, the course focus of the course is very much on the practical application of economic techniques to problems, and on developing the ability to communicate the insights that economic analysis can provide.
The Economic Policy and Analysis programme at the University of Westminster aims to provide you with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the latest developments in economics, with a focus on practical skills and development of the skills needed by a working economist. It is specifically aimed at those with a genuine interest in the application of economics to real-world situations.
- As an economics postgraduate, you can look forward to excellent career prospects. Our students have gone on to successful careers in government and consultancy as economic analysts, regulatory economists and market analysts.
- The strong international focus of the course provides an excellent opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in multinational companies or international organisations.
- Many graduates return to their countries of origin and are employed in developing international business opportunities or government institutions, while other graduates develop their careers with international charities or other non-governmental organisations.
- While this vocationally oriented course develops skills for devising and evaluating policies and strategies, rather than simply training academic economists, several of our recent graduates have also found that it has opened up opportunities for PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis
- Economic Appraisal and Evaluation
- Economic Evaluation Project
- Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Microeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Research Methods
- Sustainable Energy Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Environmental Economics & Policy View 135 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2).
- Relevant degree, which would be single Honours or a major in Economics, or a quantitative discipline with a minor in Economics, or a more general first degree (minimum Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent) with significant study of economics and quantitative methods.
- Exceptionally, non-graduates with extensive work experience in the economics or closely-related profession may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.