Apply directly through to a Master’s degree in Languages Other Than English (LOTE) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Hofstra University. Just make sure you meet the graduate program requirements and the expected English language level.
INTO helps you apply to multiple universities at once and the application process won’t cost you anything. Graduate Direct Entry students also receive a Direct Entry I-20 invitation that you will need to be permitted to enter the United States.
What to expect from studying this Languages Other Than English (LOTE) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program
When studying a Languages Other Than English (LOTE) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program, you will choose to specialize in one the subjects focusing on the human condition: Anthropology, Languages, Cultural Studies, Ethics, Philosophy, Literature, History, Liberal Arts, and more.
Learn about how culture grows and transforms and the major events that shaped our human society.
You will develop creative and critical thinking. Become part of the discussion and the force of change that will shape our future and create a medium for discourse, idea exchange and the development of new ideas.
By understanding the various aspects that make us human, you learn to bridge the gap and the differences between different cultures, and focus on the things we have in common, instead of our differences. Teaching is an important component of the Languages Other Than English (LOTE) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), as once you will develop your knowledge of human culture you are responsible for sharing this knowledge with others, creating awareness and educating.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adolescent Development and Learning
- The Exceptional Child
- Inclusion in Today's Schools
- Linguistics for Teachers of English-Language Learners
- Introduction to Bilingual and Biliteracy Instruction for ESL Teachers
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) Teaching Skills in Practice
- Curriculum and Instruction in Foreign Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 774 other Masters in Languages in United States
- All information is provided as a guide and does not guarantee entry. Admissions decisions are at the discretion of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, minimum 3.0 GPA and English language requirements in one of the following tests. Additional requirements may apply.
- GMAT/GRE requirement may apply depending on the program. In addition, the graduate programs may have other/higher requirements with which applications must comply.
International27935 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27935 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.