Literacy education, multicultural education, meeting the needs of learners with exceptionalities, and the use of technology are integrated throughout all aspects of the program. The Master of Arts in Languages Other Than English (LOTE) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Hofstra University does not lead to New York state certification.
Build your knowledge and skills through student teaching in schools throughout the New York City metropolitan area, and benefit from individualized, clinical supervision from highly qualified educators. Our graduates work all over the country and the world as school teachers, college instructors, program administrators, language school directors, materials and curricula developers, and interpreters and translators.
- Adolescent Development and Learning
- The Exceptional Child
- Inclusion in Today's Schools
- Linguistics for Teachers of English-Language Learners
- Introduction to Bilingual and Biliteracy Instruction for ESL Teachers
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) Teaching Skills in Practice
- Curriculum and Instruction in Foreign Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching English View 197 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Possession of a bachelor's degree with a 2.75 or higher GPA;
- Prior course work in a target language (see Foreign Language Content Requirements below);
- Personal statement describing the applicant's intent and rationale for entering the program;
- Two letters of reference addressing the applicant's potential to succeed in the teaching profession and in the teacher education program course work;
- TOEFL score of 80 or above (for international applicants); and
- Interview with the coordinator of the program.
International29692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.