Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition graduates from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem gain valuable experience which allows them to join research and development teams in the food industry, or to continue on to higher levels of academic research. Each trainee is expected to carry out an individual research project, supervised by one of our faculty members, on a topic that is chosen by the student in consultation with his/her supervisor. In addition, each trainee is expected to complete coursework of at least 24 credit points over two academic years, in accordance with the program requirements as outlined in the course catalog, and in consultation with the supervisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching and research topics include:
- 1) General biological studies
- 2) Cellular and molecular aspects of human nutrition
- 3) Food perception and sensory evaluation
- 4) Food safety and preservation
- 5) Food security, conservation and waste
- 6) Advanced topics in human nutrition
- 7) Advanced topics in metabolism
- 8) Advanced topics in food technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Students must complete 24 credits for the thesis track and 40 credits for the non-thesis track.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university
- "B" average in undergraduate studies or its equivalent. These are the minimum admission requirements. Many departments are selective and require a higher grade average.
- Additional exams may be required, such as the GRE or GMAT.
- Knowledge of English: All candidates are required to meet English proficiency requirements as listed in the program website. TOEFL and IELTS are recognized.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 USD per year during 24 months.
National3898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3898 USD per year during 24 months.
- Annual tuition for all other programs – 14,042 NIS
- Annual tuition for Non-Israeli citizens for all other programs - 17,533 NIS
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.