The Water Resources Science and Technology programme from Texas A&M San Antonio specifically addresses the need to develop workforce-ready, college-level graduates who are trained and certified/licensed to enter basic water industry positions.
The Program aims to become a major contributor to the continuing development of the blue economy in the state of Texas, and as a leading program in the cross-cutting characteristics (technology, management, and policy) of the water industry.
The degrees we offer include a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science program. You can click into the pages to find more information about the program details.
The WATER Program at A&M-SA is designed with a vision to help our students with gaining a holistic understanding of our water resource system, and to acquire the necessary skills to be successful in their future water-related careers:
- To provide foundational and specialty courses that ensure students’ competence at their prospective jobs.
- To instill the concept of a water-centered nexus that expands students’ vision imperative for career advancement.
- To expose students to a hands-on learning environment (lab work & internships) that help prepare students with skill sets needed for the water industry.
- To improve our students’ ability to process and analyze information through problem-based learning.
Careers in Water Resources
Water science is at the center of the job market demand in Texas. Possible career paths include:
- Water supply utilities
- Water/wastewater treatment plants
- Regulatory agencies
- Groundwater Conservation Districts
- Watershed/River Basin Authorities
- Environmental engineering consultant/specialist/technician
- Water operations in public and private entities
More informationVisit official programme website
- Water Resources Science and Technology Graduate Seminar
- Nexus of Water, Energy, and Food
- Water Laws, Rules and Policy
- Pollutants in Environmental Systems
- Advanced Municipal and Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Recycling Systems
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Wastewater Treatment for Direct and Indirect Uses
- Natural and Constructed Green Systems for Wastewater Management
- Water Resources Science and Technology Internship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 65 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit all official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate course work) from every prior college/university attended.
- Applicants must be awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution before admission into a graduate program can occur. Degrees received must be posted on the transcript of the awarding institution.
- Students admitted must also submit official Graduate Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, MAT) by mid-semester of their first application term of graduate courses to register for subsequent semesters.
International11328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5664 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National11328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5664 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State1200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 600 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.