As a student in this Paediatrics and Child Health - Global Child Health from University College London (UCL), you will benefit from the unique position the institute occupies within UK paediatrics. We bring together strong links to Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children with our setting within the powerful teaching and research environment of UCL.
The Paediatrics and Child Health: Global Child Health MSc aims to provide an opportunity for medical graduates, and graduates from related fields, to study global issues in child health.
You will build an awareness of current and future developments in paediatric medicine and global child health and gain the skills necessary to critically appraise practice and policy, and undertake independent research if the full MSc is taken.
Teaching and learning
The programme combines lectures, seminars, tutorials and research project supervision. Assessment is through a combination of multiple choice questions and short answer question examinations, essays, posters, presentations, reflective portfolios, critical appraisal of literature and the dissertation, including an oral presentation.
The programme provides an ideal foundation for further professional development in paediatrics and related specialities in a global context.
This programme prepares students to be future leaders with high-level organisational and management skills together with the ability to incorporate research and evidence-based practice into health services for children.
- Essentials of Global Child Health
- Evidence-based Child Health
- Applied Statistics for Health Research
- Concepts and Controversies in Global Health
- Research Project
- Conflict, Humanitarianism and Health
- Disability and Development
- Ethnicity, Migration and Health
- Economic Evaluation in Health Care
- Health Management, Planning and Programme Design
- International Child Mental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Early Childhood Education View 1014 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a keen interest in paediatrics or child health. Non-medically qualified applicants should normally have a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, and appropriate specialist experience of working in hospitals, child health or public health services for children and families.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.