As a student in this Paediatrics and Child Health - Advanced Paediatrics programme from University College London (UCL), you will benefit from the unique position the institute occupies within UK paediatrics.
We bring together strong links to Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children with our setting within the powerful teaching and research environment of UCL.
You will gain an understanding of the principles of evidence-based paediatrics, and of the impact of molecular genetics on diagnosis and management of the child and family.
You will build an awareness of current and future developments in paediatric medicine and child health and gain the skills necessary to critically appraise practice and policy, and undertake independent Master's-level research.
The programme provides an ideal foundation for further doctoral research in this field and/or a career in research and evidence-based practice in paediatrics.
You will gain valuable academic and clinical skills in acute and chronic paediatric practice and will be able to use these in your workplace.
- Evidence-based Child Health
- Applied Statistics for Health Research
- Epidemiology for Child Health
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Clinical Genomics, Genetic and Rare Diseases
- Teaching and Learning in Medical Education
- Immunisation and Communicable Diseases
- Child Public Health
- Safeguarding Children and Children in Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Genetics View 199 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- Medically qualified applicants should have post-qualification experience in paediatrics or child health.
- Non-medically qualified applicants should normally have a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, and several years' specialist experience of working in hospitals, community child health or public health services for children and families.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.