Why study this degree at UCL?
This programme is unique in that it covers the basic science informing a physical therapy approach to treatment. The programme encourages students to integrate knowledge across modules and to use a multi-dimensional approach to patient management.
The programme is delivered through a partnership between internationally renowned UCL academics and world-leading specialist clinicians at the RNOH, providing students with excellent networking opportunities with academics, clinical professionals and like-minded peers.
On successful completion of this Physical Therapy in Musculoskeletal Healthcare and Rehabilitation programme at the University College London (UCL), students can expect to assume leadership positions in clinical practice in the NHS, or in private practice for those with a prior clinical qualification. Graduates will also be well placed to enter academic or clinical research or a biomedical/healthcare-related position in industry. Please note that this programme does not hold accreditation with any professional bodies.
Graduates are likely to be highly attractive to prospective employers; not only will they have gained multidisciplinary knowledge of the musculoskeletal system and treatments for musculoskeletal disease and dysfunction, but importantly they will have developed their skills in analysis and evaluation of information and creation of new ideas. These higher-level cognitive skills are highly sought after by employers.
- Clinical Aspects of Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Movement Science and Pain
- Musculoskeletal Biomechanics and Application in Physical Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Biology - Disease and Dysfunction
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Biology - Form and Function
- Rehabilitation and Multi-Dimensional Patient Management
- Research Governance
- Research Methodology and Generic Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Kinesiology View 68 other Masters in Kinesiology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a related medical, biological science or bioengineering discipline, a clinical qualification, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.