This Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine programme from University College London (UCL) will equip students with a critical understanding of:
- how nanotechnology can be harnessed for the improved detection and treatment of disease
- the use of stem cells in medicine
- tissue engineering strategies for tissue regeneration
- improving biomaterials for directing cell behaviour
- the regulatory, ethical and commercial hurdles for the translation of these emerging technologies.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, group discussions, practical sessions, and demonstrations. Assessment is through presentations, problem-solving workshops, written practical reports, coursework, unseen written examinations and the dissertation.
Student career options and progression during and following the completion of the degree are considered to be of the utmost importance. Personal tutors will offer individual advice and seminars are arranged on a variety of career competencies including CV writing, writing research proposals and positive personal presentation.
Networking with world-leading scientists, new biotechnology CEO's and clinicians is encouraged and enabled throughout the programme. Research output in terms of publishing papers and presenting at conferences is also promoted.
- Nanotechnology in Medicine
- Applied Tissue Engineering
- Research Methodology
- Bionanotechnology Techniques (Lab Practical)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a science/engineering subject or a medical degree, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Research experience will also be taken into account.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.