The Urban Regeneration MSc at the University College London (UCL) will equip you with the ability to critically analyse complex urban issues, the boldness to address those issues in a creative, strategic manner, and the confidence to propose appropriate implementation plans.
Why study this degree at UCL?
- The Bartlett School of Planning has been at the forefront of planning research and teaching in the UK and internationally since 1914. The programme, one of the oldest in The Bartlett, is delivered by globally distinguished academics.
- You will be engaged with practitioners, alumni and academic guests through seminars, site visits and workshops in the UK and overseas. Upon graduation you will join both the UCL alumni network and the Urban Regeneration MSc network.
- Following graduation you will also be eligible to apply for membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Institute of Economic Development (IED) and, depending on your elective modules, the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Graduates have been very successful in finding jobs in a wide variety of public, private and third sector organisations in the UK and around the world. Your career following graduation may include employment in a diverse range of areas like planning, real estate, regeneration and economic development consultancies; national and regional regeneration, housing and economic development agencies; local authorities; specific regeneration and local economic development programmes as well as voluntary and community sector organisations and NGOs. You may also wish to continue with further research for a PhD degree.
- Urban Regeneration: Urban Problems and Problematics
- Urban Regeneration: Development Projects
- Case Studies in Preparing Regeneration Projects
- Case Studies in Implementing Regeneration Projects
- Critical Debates in Urban Regeneration
- Urban Design: Place Making
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Management Urban Planning View 278 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- Preferably an upper second-class honours Bachelor's degree (or higher) from a UK university or an overseas qualification of equivalent standing is required.
- There is no particular subject requirement as the MSc provides an 'initial' planning and urban regeneration education for graduates with cognate or non-cognate degrees. Where candidates fail to meet the standard requirement, the department will take into account professional experience when deciding whether to admit.
- Applicants who do not hold an upper second-class degree may, in exceptional cases, be admitted to the programme if they are able to demonstrate considerable senior-level professional experience in planning or a related field.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,350
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.