Students of this Global Governance and Ethics MSc at University College London (UCL) will benefit from research preparation and tailor-made interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary training of the highest quality at one of the world's best universities.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures and seminars, and is taught by scholars that have institution, policy or country-specific knowledge and have carried out theoretical and empirical research in the field. Assessment is through unseen examinations, long essays and the dissertation.
Our students receive excellent training to think critically and creatively. Through our methods training students also possess sophisticated skills in demand by employers in the public and private sector as well as the skills necessary for further academic study.
Programme StructureCompulsory modules:
- Power and Politics in Global Health
- International Political Economy
- Qualitative Methods: Interviews, Observations and Mixed Methods
- Non-Profit and Voluntary Sector Management and Policy
- The Transformation of Politics in Europe
- Equality, Justice and Difference
- Theories of International Relations
- Public Ethics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 250 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- As a minimum, an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university; or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant practical or work experience in a related field may also be taken into account.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.