Become an expert in sustainable development within an international context by addressing global societal challenges, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster from a sociological perspective. You will focus on social policy and social risks, and cross-country analyses of politics and societies.
You are prepared to lead and participate in change- and innovation-oriented projects aiming to tackle societal challenges. In this program, you learn to combine disciplines to address complex societal challenges from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective. With this knowledge, you can think beyond country borders and the limits of one area of expertise. These skills are in great demand within companies, organizations and projects operating in international environments.Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Consultant in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex problems.
- Fundraiser finding solutions for poverty, or helping with introducing sustainable practices in supply chains.
- Project manager making projects run smoothly to produce the best possible results.
Recent placements include:
- Management Trainee at Alliander
- Junior Policy Advisor & Researcher at ARQ Knowledge Center
- Tester and Licensing Authority Environment at Bender Group
- Assistant Brand Manager at Yapi Kredi
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
During this socially-, research-, and policy oriented Master's program, you examine and discuss how organizations may address sustainable development goals by designing sustainable business models.
This one-year Master's program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 3 track specific courses
- 3 Sociology courses
The two courses Social Changers and Sustainable Development and Hybrid Organizations are specific GMSI specialization courses. The Master's thesis is focused on one or more Sustainable Development Goals (United Nations).
- Social Changes and Sustainable Development
- Master Seminar: From Theory to Research
- Social Policy and Social Risks
- Hybrid Organizations
- Politics and Society in a Comparative Perspective
- OR Health and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSociology Sustainable Development Political Science View 77 other Masters in Political Science in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s and/or a master's degree in social sciences e.g. Sociology.
- Sufficiently conversant in the social sciences e.g. knowledge of and practice in the application of (key) questions of sociology and of classical and modern sociological theories; basic knowledge of other social sciences e.g. psychology and economics;
- Adequate knowledge of social science statistics and research methods.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.