During this Environmental Modelling programme from University College London (UCL) you will gain a well-rounded training in the role, implementation and application of models in environmental science.
Core modules provide a critical perspective on model-based science, and introduce essential computational and numerical methods.
The programme is contextualised with reference to the challenges of understanding both natural and human-induced changes to a variety of environmental systems.
CareersThe programme has been designed to provide an ideal foundation for PhD research, or for employment with environmental monitoring and protection agencies, industry and environmental consultancies. Graduates have gone on to careers as management consultants, business analysts and university researchers.
EmployabilityModelling was identified as the highest priority UK skills gap in a government review of the environmental sector. This MSc programme exposes students to the full range of environmental modelling which places graduates in a strong position to find employment. We anticipate that graduates of this MSc are either employed in the private environmental consulting sector or undertake a PhD.
- Models in Environmental Science
- Global Environmental Change
- Scientific Computing
- Analytical and Numerical Methods
- Climate Modelling
- Coastal Change
- Environmental GIS
- Impacts of Climate Change on Hydro-Ecological Systems
- Ocean Circulation and Climate Change
- Surface Water Modelling
- Terrestrial Carbon: Monitoring and Modelling
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy General Engineering & Technology Environmental Management View 772 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a first or upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (e.g. computer science, environmental science, geography, oceanography, engineering, mathematics, physics or biology) from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Applicants with relevant professional experience will also be considered.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.