The Enterprise Risk Management program from Columbia University prepares risk professionals to design and implement ERM programs that enhance all decision-making processes, ranging from strategic to traditional mitigation decisions.
It also provides a robust toolkit of advanced risk management skills and approaches that can be applied to enhance value at both the enterprise level and in specialized risk management roles.
The core coursework provides insights into how to utilize these ERM and risk management tools and techniques across a variety of proven, market-driven risk management frameworks.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared to:
- Quantify all types of risks, including strategic, operational, financial, and insurance.
- Develop a clear definition of risk appetite (the aggregate enterprise-level risk limit).
- Design and implement customized ERM frameworks and risk governance structures for any type of organization.
- Conduct qualitative assessments to identify and prioritize key risks from among all sources.
- Enhance strategic planning, increasing the likelihood of achieving strategic plan goals.
- Provide a rigorous business case to inform more effective risk-reward decision-making.
- Assure the board of directors that key risks are well understood and managed.
- Understand and satisfy ERM requirements from rating agencies, regulators, and shareholders.
- Apply ERM techniques to enhance decision-making at the enterprise level or in the specialized risk management roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Value-Based Enterprise Risk Management
- Traditional Risk and ERM Practices
- External Stakeholder Requirements
- Strategic Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Financial Risk Management (C.P.A.)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management View 59 other Masters in Risk Management in United States
- Completed online application form
- $95.00 nonrefundable application fee (U.S. currency)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Your résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of academic purpose (500 to 750 words)
- Video Essay
- An Admissions Interview
- Optional: Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test, GMAT, or LSAT
- Students whose native language is not English must include proof of English proficiency
International2182 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2182 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2182 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2182 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.