Europe has a long history of intensive use of natural resources and lessons on misuse and overuse of land and water resources. This has forced Europeans to pay strong attention to environmental deterioration and ecosystem vulnerability. Europe is therefore at the cutting edge with respect to environmental research, its use in monitoring, control, legislation, policy and management actions, and development of environmental technology.
The programme has six specialisations of which three are available at SLU:
- Water resources (at SLU)
- Soil resources and land use (at SLU)
- Environmental management (at SLU)
- Ecosystems and biodiversity
- Environmental impacts
- Climate change
The EnvEuro master programme from Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is a co-operation between four European universities and is part of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) network, a cooperation of leading universities in the fields of Natural Resource Management, Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, Life Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Food Sciences, and Environmental Sciences.
The students study the first year at one of the partner universities and the second year at another partner university. Upon completion of the program, the students get a double master degree in environmental science.
It is important to know that courses on the program may have specific admission requirements and the admission requirements for the program may not be sufficient to fulfil these specific requirements on all courses.
Graduated EnvEuro students are now working e.g. as PhD students or researchers/teachers at universities, as experts in environmental science in governmental agencies, the private sector or NGO:s or as teachers, both in their home country and abroad.
Thanks to studies at two universities in different countries and with students from many countries you will have great opportunities to increase your intercultural competence, build networks that will help you in your future career and to develop your understanding within several aspects of environmental science.
- Rurality, Livelihood and Gender
- Introduction to environmental communication - Society, social interaction and communicative skills
- Environmental Management in Europe
- Governance of Natural Resources
- Communication theory and strategy
- Land use and watershed management to reduce eutrophication
- Geographic information systems for environmental and natural science studies
- Sustainable technologies for agriculture in low- and medium income countries
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation European Studies View 52 other Masters in Biology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Equivalent to Bachelor´s degree, with specialisation in a natural science subject, such as Biology, Agricultural Science, Forest Science, Soil Science, Environmental Science or other.
- This programme is taught in English. The applicants must further document their English language proficiency.
International14901 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14901 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.