The Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security programme of University of Bonn educates students in an interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary manner on how to investigate and manage various resources related to environmental hazards by implementing science-based principles and methodologies to disaster risk management.
It offers an in-depth introduction to problem-oriented research methods, theories and concepts as well as real life challenges and problems that international and UN organizations are facing. The curriculum draws from research areas such as vulnerability assessment, resilience analysis, risk management and adaptation strategies within linked human–environment systems, and environmentally induced internal displacement and transboundary migration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Concepts of Risk
- General Approaches to Risk & Human Security
- Research Methods
- Academic & Intercultural Skills
- Advanced Debates on Risk & Human Security
- Applied Topics on Risk & Human Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Management View 14 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related/comparable professionally certified study programme
- Completed, signed and dated Joint MSc GEO RISK Application Form 2020
- A signed resume/CV
- Letter of motivation
- Official transcripts reflecting the courses and grades achieved per each year and semester
- Bachelor’s and, if applicable, Master’s Degree Certificate in English
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- A sample of academic writing written as part of the fulfillment of the first degree (preferably in English)
- Recommendation letters from your current and/or previous lecturers (these must be signed, dated, stamped, and on a letterhead)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.