In the acute care role, nurse practitioners work to provide assessment, diagnosis and care for adults and the elderly. They perform health assessments, prescribe medications and suggest quality health treatments to manage acute, subacute and complex patients, as well as those with chronic illness.
The Master of Science in Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Adult-Gerontology program at Grand Canyon University is designed for experienced registered nurses who want to advance their skill sets. The acute care practitioner who specializes in adult-gerontology needs specialized training to care for that population.
Graduates from this GCU MS Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with an Emphasis in Adult-Gerontology program may use their educational experience to advance their careers. They may work in outpatient clients with the primary setting being hospital-based to manage the physical health of patients above the age of 13 that have acute and/or chronic conditions.
If you are an experienced nurse looking to advance your career, it is time for you to learn how to do so. Join us for the Master of Science in Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with an Emphasis in Adult-Gerontology degree program at GCU.
- Advanced Registered Nursing
- Organizational Leadership and Informatics
- Translational Research and Population Health Management
- Evidence-Based Practice Project
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning With Skills Lab
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 356 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International37206 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 702 USD per credit during 2 months.
National37206 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 702 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.