Address the challenges of modern life with the wisdom of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Youth and Family Ministry program at Grand Canyon University examines the major stages of human development—from childhood to adulthood.
Students learn to apply theological and biblical principles as they minister to specific groups and family members. Learn how to provide biblical care during the oft-tumultuous years of adolescent growth and development.
As the world continues to present evolving challenges to families and young people, youth pastors remain a steadfast source of spiritual comfort and guidance.
A master’s in youth ministry can position graduates to pursue opportunities in churches, para-churches, Christian organizations, nonprofit organizations, social service entities and educational institutions.
Some specific roles that may be related to this theology degree include the following:
- Youth outreach specialist
- Children’s ministry director
- Sports team chaplain
- Church youth pastor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Ministry and Theology
- Ministerial Ethics
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Practical Theology
- Old Testament Foundations
- New Testament Foundations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Christian Studies View 52 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE
International20140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.