The Master in High Performance Sport at the University of Technology Sydney structure enables full-time or part-time study where students can enter or exit at a Graduate Certificate (4 subjects), Graduate Diploma (8 subjects) or Master’s (12 subjects) level. This nested course structure provides a solid grounding of the knowledge and skills required in a variety of high performance sport careers whilst offering the opportunity to advance and tailor knowledge and skills development at an advanced level.
The course is developed and delivered in collaboration with industry experts from the field, with each subject comprising of a mix of theory and evidence-based practice. Research-inspired course content is delivered by world-leading academics and industry partners, which allows students to apply an expert level of knowledge and understanding to a range of areas that meets the diverse needs of the high performance sport industry. Graduates enter the workforce as expert and collaborative problem solvers, who are capable of leading, managing and inspiring in the field of high performance sport.
The Master of High Performance Sport course aims to produce graduates that:
- Are effective, collaborative and responsive professionals capable of leading, managing and inspiring in the field of high performance sport.
- Exhibit reflective critical thinking to optimise decision making and enable positive change through creative, effective and evidence-based solutions.
- Take personal, social and ethical responsibility for their contribution to sport, exercise and health by demonstrating professional sports science practice including ethical considerations, legislated requirements and the service delivery setting.
- Acquire knowledge of methods to increase performance and reduce injury, and apply a detailed process of planning to deliver high-quality sports performance services and optimised health outcomes for users.
- Demonstrate professional relationships, effective and sensitive communication techniques, teamwork and engagement with key stakeholders in a multidisciplinary and diverse high performance sport environment.
- Demonstrate professional cultural competency which contributes to the health and well-being of Indigenous Australians, inclusive of physical, social, emotional and spiritual wellness.
The Master of High Performance Sport degree is designed for those seeking to work at an expert level in high performance sport, in a variety of settings. Graduates plan, deliver and analyse strategic approaches for elite athletes and coaches, aiming to enhance performance and reduce injury. Throughout the course, students develop skills in critical thinking to optimise holistic decision making and enable positive change through creative, effective and evidence-based solutions.Career options include practitioner roles (eg sport scientist, strength and conditioning coach, performance analyst, high-performance manager) in a variety of sport settings (eg professional sporting organisations, national and international performance institutes, schools, university research institutions, government and non-government funded sporting programs).
More informationVisit official programme website
- High Performance Science
- High Performance Coaching
- Conditioning the High Performance Athlete
- Injury Prevention and Management in High Performance Sport
- Recovery and Nutrition for High Performance Sport
- Applied Research Skills for High Performance Sport including Statistics
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 13 other Masters in Sports Management in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience may be considered eligible.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
International35280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17640 AUD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.